Whether you are using the Peloton Digital app or the Peloton Unlimited subscription, at one time, you want to pause or cancel your subscription. You probably feel that you will not be using your subscription for a certain period. Other times you want to change a subscription, especially when you have a piece of Peloton equipment and have the option for both Digital app and unlimited subscriptions.
Unfortunately, if you don’t cancel your subscription, you will end up paying for a duration that you did not intend. This is because Peloton auto-renews your subscription every month.
For this reason, we will get into the details of canceling the peloton subscription on the different platforms.
Cancelling Peloton Unlimited Membership
Peloton unlimited membership is available to Peloton bike, bike plus, tread, and tread plus owners. It costs $39 per month, allowing you to have multiple user accounts for both on-demand and live classes. The membership also allows exclusive access to the Peloton Leaderboard, unavailable to the digital app members.
Usually, you cancel the Peloton unlimited membership when you do not use it for more than three months. However, if you will not use the membership for a period of fewer than three months, you don’t need to cancel. You can simply pause your membership.
Anyway, here’s a simplified guide to canceling your unlimited membership;
First, log into your peloton account. Then, click on your profile, represented by your profile picture at the top right on your Peloton screen.
Go to ‘My Account’ where you will see ‘subscription’. Click on ‘subscription’ and select cancel subscription. Confirm ‘cancel the subscription, and you are good to go.
You can also cancel your peloton membership on the Peloton official site. Below is the process you will use;
Go to the Peloton website online, and log in to your account.
You will see a ‘subscription’ window, which you will click on. It will bring the membership options. Choose the Peloton membership, and you will get the cancel option. Click on it, and confirm the cancellation.
Once you cancel your peloton membership, your current membership will still run till the end of the month. Therefore, you don’t have to wait till the end of the subscription to cancel your membership. Actually, waiting for the end could lead to the auto renewing of the subscription.
Canceling Peloton Unlimited Membership Offline
If you are in a remote area with no internet, in no condition to cancel the Peloton membership yourself, you can cancel your membership offline. Simply call the 1-866-679-9129 phone number for Peloton support. Ask the agent who picks up to cancel your subscription. They will ask you a few questions about your account, and you can be sure that they will cancel it on your behalf.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership
Unlike the Peloton unlimited membership, you can subscribe to the digital app using different gadgets. These include;
- Fire TV (Fire Tablets, Amazon Appstore, Amazon website)
Let’s get onto the process of canceling Peloton Membership in each of these gadgets and sites;
If you want to cancel Peloton digital membership on your Android phone, tablet or laptop, use the following process;
- First, open the Google Play Store on the gadget that you are using. Ensure that the Google account you open with is the same account that you use with your Peloton subscription. You will know this because you will see the profile picture on the right top of the device when you get into Google Play.
- Click on this profile icon, and this will reveal the menu or three horizontal lines. Click on the menu, and choose Payment & Subscriptions options. Here, select Subscriptions, where you will see a list of your app subscriptions.
- Select Peloton, tap on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option, and click on the ‘confirm’ window to cancel your Peloton subscription.
When using an iOS device, here is the procedure for canceling the digital subscription, which is even easier than Android;
- First, go to the gadget settings, and click on your gadget name. It will expose the Subscriptions, which you will click on.
- Then, select ‘Peloton’ and click on ‘Cancel Subscription. Confirm the cancellation, and you are done with the process.
When using ROKU TV, here is the process of subscription cancellation;
- You will need your Roku remote for ease in cancellation, where you will press the ‘Home’ button.
- Now you can use the directional pad, navigating until you get to the peloton channel. Press the * button on the remote, which will open the menu option for the channel.
- Select ‘Manage Subscriptions’ on the menu, followed by the option ‘Cancel Subscription.’ This will bring a ‘done’ window, which you will click to finish the cancellation.
4. Fire TV (Amazon Website, Fire Tablet, and Amazon Appstore)
For the fire TV fans, here is your simplified guide;
With a Fire Tablet;
- Go to ‘Apps’ on the tablet, then select ‘Store,’ and you will access the menu.
- On the menu, select the option ‘Subscription’ then select ‘Peloton Subscription.’ Click ‘Cancel Subscription,’ followed by confirmation, and the process is over.
With Amazon Appstore;
- Go to the Amazon Appstore, and open the menu. Here, select Subscriptions.
- Then, select ‘Peloton subscription,’ and you will get an option to ‘Cancel Subscription.’ Click on it, then click ‘Confirm’ to complete the process.
If you have no access to either of the above two, you can still use the Amazon website online. Here’s the process you need;
- Go to the Amazon website, and log in to your Amazon account. The account should be the same as that you use your peloton account on Roku.
- At the right upper corner, go to the ‘Your Account’ menu, and select ‘Your Android Apps and Devices’.
- Here, select ‘Your Subscription’ then ‘Peloton.’ Click ‘Cancel Subscription,’ and your process is through.
Fortunately, you also have an option to cancel your Peloton digital subscription online, just as with the Unlimited subscription.
- Go to the official peloton website using the link members.onepeloton.com/preferences/subscriptions, and click on your membership link.
- Click on the option ‘Cancel Membership’ and confirm the cancellation.
- You will see a ‘subscription’ window, which you will click on. It will bring the membership options. Choose the Peloton membership, and you will get the cancel option. Click on it, and confirm the cancellation.
All the above options require you to cancel your subscription online. However, in case you are in a remote area with no internet, you can cancel your membership offline. Simply call the 1-866-679-9129 phone number for Peloton support. Ask the agent who picks up to cancel your subscription. They will ask you a few questions about your account, and you can be sure that they will cancel it on your behalf.
- Why Do You Need Peloton Subscription?
- How to Use Peloton Bike or Tread Without Subscription?
- How to Pause a Peloton Class
When Should I Cancel My peloton Membership?
Cancel your peloton membership before the current membership expires to prevent membership autorenewal. Then, you will be free from the membership starting from the following month.
Can I Renew My Peloton Membership After Cancellation?
Yes, you can. You can always renew your Peloton membership when you are ready to resume. The best part is that you will not pay any reactivation fees.
If you want the Unlimited membership, you will still pay $39 for the month and continue just as before. With the Digital Membership, you will just pay $12.99 for the month. However, you will not have the new member Free membership offer.
How to cancel Peloton membership? You have the process in place, regardless of your peloton membership and the gadget that you use.
Better still, you have more than one option of canceling your Peloton membership. Therefore, you can choose the most convenient method for your cancellation. After all, you can always reactivate your membership when ready for continuation.