Renting a Peloton bike will give Peloton fans who cannot afford a Peloton bike an option to have a taste of the expensive equipment. Moreover, fans will have occasional fitness options whenever they are comfortable renting the Peloton bike.
As a whole, Starting 11 March, 2022, some US Peloton stores in Texas, Florida, Minnesota and Colorado start offering new customers a peloton rental package. It covers both a bike (Only original peloton bike) and all access membership for one monthly fee ranges between $59 and $99 and members can cancel anytime and return the bike without any charge. *This rental package is not open to current peloton members.
Peloton has officially announced the One Peloton Club, which is a way only for new members to rent a original Peloton Bike and bundle the cost of the Bike with the one monthly subscription fee.
“Peloton has introduced a limited pilot program in select US markets to explore various pricing models and options for their new members,” the onepeloton company said in an official statement.
List of Peloton Showrooms with One Peloton Club
- Florida: Aventura, Coral Gables
- Minnesota: Bloomington, Edina
- Houston: Highland Village, Houston, Market Street
- Denver: Denver, Lone Tree
Notable POINTS I noticed in their terms and condition
- This is only for the original Peloton Bike and does not (currently) apply to the Bike+ or Tread.
- There is a one time, non-refundable delivery fee of $250 to begin the program.
- The offer is not open to current members, or members who have had an All-Access membership in the past year.
Read carefully the terms and conditions of the One Peloton Club for more details.
Can You Rent a Spin Bike for Peloton?
Amazingly, you have the option to get a rental spin bike for Peloton. True, Peloton does not yet offer the option to rent a Peloton bike. However, you can use Peloton digital app with any other rental bike.
When spin bike studios closed down, most dealers found renting the bikes a worthy alternative. And, you can get a spin bike for rent at approximately $40 for approximately a fortnight.
You can get spin bikes for rentals online, filtering the search results to your local area. You will be surprised at the range of options you will get.
Once you rent a spin bike, the spin bike company offers you delivery and installation for free in most instances. Therefore, all you have to do is set up your Peloton accessories ready for the workouts.
How to Use Peloton with a Rental Bike
Once you get a spin bike, download the Peloton digital app on your phone, iPhone, tablet, laptop, or iPad. Even better, you can download it to your Fire TV or any other smart gadget you own. Or, you can simply create a Peloton digital account online via the web.
Once you download the app and create your Peloton account, Peloton offers you a free month membership, after which you will pay $12.99 monthly subscriptions. The free membership should take care of your first time with the spin bike and Peloton membership composite.
Immediately after registration, Peloton will allow you onto the amazing Peloton platform. It is full of cycling and cycling combination options. So whether you want a spin class, Tabata rides, HIIT classes, Climbs, or Power Zone classes, they will all be at your disposal.
You can try as many options as possible since your time with the bike is limited. However, also try to be systematic, step by step, to avoid injury due to overuse.
Some exercise bike rental companies list:
|swervefitness.com||New York City|
Getting a Full Peloton Experience from a Rental Bike
If you have a few extra bucks, you could customize your spin bike to get a full Peloton experience. And while it is not recommended to undertake major modifications on a rental bike such as changing the pedals, here are a few you can enjoy;
- Get a cadence sensor. Peloton bike output is usually measured from cadence and resistance. Your bike may already have a good resistance system, but the cadence measurements are unlikely. However, a small cadence sensor that you just pin on the pedals without affecting the bike parts is a great idea. I love the CYCPLUS Speed and Cadence Sensor because it is inexpensive and very effective. And, if one day you decide to buy a regular spin bike in place of a Peloton bike, it will still come in handy.
- If you don’t already have a heart rate monitor, you should get one. It is great for getting you through spinning classes, and you need it most for the Peloton Power Zone classes. The CooSpo Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap is an excellent option since it is highly accurate at a value cost. It is also Bluetooth and Ant+ compatible, which means that it will easily connect to your tablet, phone, or laptop.
- Finally, a significant number of people love Peloton due to its irresistible music. I am guilty of this as well. So, if you are in our Peloton music club, grab a pair of quality headphones to go with the rental bike. I have the TOZO T6 True Wireless Earbuds recommendation, whose deep bass amplifies the Peloton music for the best. Being less than 30 bucks, you will not believe the quality features they bring on board, including a battery charge of 6 playtime hours.
Alternative to Peloton Bike Rentals
Peloton may not yet have bikes for rentals, but it has an alternative to the hefty amount required to get the bike.
For starters, the once $2245 bike is now going for $1495 only. This is way cheap and affordable compared to the initial price, but there’s an even better deal;
You can pay for the Peloton bike in installment. With the cheaper bike option, you only need $39 per month, and you will have your bike fully paid within 39 months. In addition, the payment has zero interest rates, so you don’t have to worry about a higher expense in the long run.
Are you wondering whether the same offer exists for the $2400 Peloton bike plus? Of course, it does. If the amazing rotating screen and other features of the bike plus are to go by, the monthly payment plan is definitely worth it. The payment plan includes $59 per month for 43 months, with a zero interest rate.
And, by the end of it all, you will actually own your Peloton bike and won’t need the rental option.
After all, you can still rent a spin bike for Peloton while still working on completing your Peloton bike. But then, when the Peloton bike is finally in your studio, you won’t be as green to the experience.
Sadly, Peloton does not currently rent bikes. However, the plan is underway, and in a few years, it may be the homecoming gift that Peloton offers the fans.
In the meantime, you can get a rental spin bike from a local gym with the services. Then, you will incorporate the Peloton digital app and a couple of accessories for a full experience on Peloton. Meanwhile, you can consider the Peloton bike payment plan and own a Peloton bike in around three years.